TriggerPrinter is flexible and fully customizable, which means you have the ability to create your own virtual printer and add several triggers. A trigger let’s you create a PDF from your document and store it in any location, email your PDF document to anyone you like and of course you still can print your document with any printer you like to.
You enter the settings screen by clicking the wheel at the top right side of your TriggerPrinter window.
The following settings are available:
- Start TriggerPrinter when you start your PC.
- Activate or deactivate your TriggerPrinter license.
How do you create a virtual printer?
Once you created a new printer, you will see a wheel next to the printer's name. Click the wheel to define the following settings:
- Enter your printer's name.
- Configure your email settings.
- Define the prefix of you PDF document.
Create a PDF
- Choose the option PDF.
- Click the pencil next to PDF to define the path where to store the PDF.
- With every printer you can create more than one storage folder.
Create a Print
- Choose the option Print.
- Click the pencil next to Print to choose an available printer.
Create an Email
- Click the option Email.
- Click the pencil next to Email to define the email settings.
- Blank fields can be filled in upon sending. (Unless the Silent option is selected inside your printer settings.)
All options can be combined multiple times inside one virtual printer.
How to use TriggerPrinter?
Once you have created a virtual printer, this printer can be used from every application which allows you to print a document. All defined triggers will be executed upon print.
TriggerPrinter Service Add-on lets you run TriggerPrinter in the background as a service. Otherwise the TriggerPrinter applications needs to be running to let you make use of any virtual printer created inside TriggerPrinter.